BREAKING : Insiders Drop Bleak NFL Draft News for Patriots

Jan 13, 2025; Foxborough, MA, USA; Mike Vrabel addresses media at a press conference to announce his hiring as the head coach of the New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Eric Canha-Imagn Images

The New England Patriots are likely hoping to land one of Travis Hunter or Abdul Carter with the fourth overall pick in the NFL Draft, but it’s looking less and less probable that will occur.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter provided an update concerning the first few picks during a recent appearance on the Pat McAfee Show, and he is under the impression that both Hunter and Carter will be off the board by the time the Patriots are on the clock.

“It certainly feels like the Cleveland Browns are inclined to look elsewhere aside from quarterback. And it’s starting to feel like the New York Giants at No. 3 are starting to look elsewhere other than quarterback,” Schefter said.

That means some combination of Hunter and Carter will be going to the Browns and Giants at the second and third picks in the draft, which would leave New England to either take offensive tackle Will Campbell, wide receiver Tetairoa McMillan or running back Ashton Jeanty.

The other option is that the Pats trade down, which is a very plausible scenario in the event that Hunter and Carter have already been bagged before No. 4.

To make matters worse, Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated has offered the same prediction.

“It’s starting to feel to me like there is less and less of a likelihood that Abdul Carter or Travis Hunter get to the Patriots,” Breer told NBC Sports Boston. “The Browns and Giants have at least given off some signals over the last week or two that they could take position players—Hunter, Carter—at 2 and 3 and then double back on Day 2 and get quarterbacks.”

The Pats surely have a contingency plan in place, but this is certainly not what Patriots fans fan to hear with the draft looming in a few weeks.

Related Posts

BREAKING : Former Patriots First-Rounder In Danger of Losing Job

The New England Patriots had high hopes for Cole Strange when they selected the offensive lineman in the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft, but things have cert

BREAKING NEWS : Patriots Make Curious Travis Hunter Decision

The New England Patriots have been endlessly linked to Colorado Buffaloes superstar Travis Hunter, as they own the fourth pick in the NFL Draft and Hunter may b

BREAKING NEWS : New England Patriots Should Explore One Intriguing Roster Move

The New England Patriots have made a flurry of roster moves already this offseason. Mike Vrabel and company already look improved from the 2024 season. However, their…

Patriots ‘pulled a Justin Fields’ with Joe Milton trade—at Steelers expense

usatoday.com wants to ensure the best experience for all of our readers, so we built our site to take advantage of the latest technology, making it faster and easier to use.

BREAKING NEWS : NFL Insider Provides Updated Context On Patriots Trading Joe Milton III

Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer provided new information on the Patriots trading Joe Milton that was contrary to a previous report.

BREAKING : Patriots Trade Milton to Cowboys, Team Gets Puzzling Return on the Deal

There had been talks recently about teams inquiring about quarterback Joe Milton, and the Patriots ended up pulling the trigger on a deal for the former sixth-round pick on Thursday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *